You can add any bikes or components to your Bikmo account, along with photos, receipts, or any documents which can prove ownership of your bikes and equipment.
A small amount of effort upfront in uploading this information will make your life easier in the event you need to make a claim, as your claims handler will already have all of your information. It’s simple to do and shouldn’t take long. Plus, if you lose your receipt then you don’t have to worry!
We are always looking to make the customer experience better, and are currently developing an improved account area. Please follow the instructions for the relevant style for your account, which is shown in the pictures.
New style account:
Step 1 – Sign in
Sign into your account, using the ‘My Account’ button located at the top of the Bikmo Homepage.
If, like most of us, you have trouble remembering your login details, you can simply click ‘Forgot your password?’ which will then allow you to create your own unique and memorable password.
Step 2 – Locate the 'Policies' section
Your policies are show here, including their current status. Choose the policy that you are wanting to update and click 'Manage policy'.
This will take you into that specific policy where, in addition to being able to access more detail and policy documents, you will be presented have various options for making changes.
Step 3 - Update your details
Beneath the policy details, click on the 'Edit your kit list' link. Any bikes or items of kit that you've already listed will now be shown.
To add a new item:
- Click the orange button 'Add an item of kit'
- Enter the make and model
- Enter the year of manufacture
- Add notes if required, such as frame number or any special detail
- Upload an image of your kit by clicking 'Choose file' and selecting your saved image
- Click 'Add to kit list'
If you would like to amend your listed items of kit at any time, simply click 'Edit' to make the changes or 'Remove'.
Please note: You can upload multiple photos to each item that you have listed, but only one document/image will show in your Bikmo account. We will be able to see all of the images at our end, but it's best to list more items and upload one image/file per item.
Old style account:
Video: How to add bikes & kit to your account
Follow these steps:
Adding your bike couldn’t be easier, just follow the steps below to add all of your bikes;
- Log into your account.
- Under the heading ‘Bikes and kit list’ click the ‘Add new item’ button.
- Type in the make and model of the bike.
- Type in the RRP value you think is appropriate. If you’ve made upgrades to your bike then include the cost of the upgrades: how much would it cost to replace your bike in the event it was stolen? This should be the figure you put into the RRP field.
- Click the ‘Add’ button and you’ve added your bike.
- Repeat this for as many bikes, accessories or kit as you need. We recommend uploading information for any equipment worth in excess of £150.
How to upload receipts and photos:
Uploading photos and receipts to Your Account means you won’t have to find them again in the event you need to make a claim.
- After adding a bike or any kit, click it again to open up the options to add photos or receipts.
- You’ll see the 'Add a picture', ‘Upload Purchase Receipt’ and ‘Upload Warranty’ buttons. Click on the one you want to upload: this will open the Upload a file Tool.
- Click the 'Choose Files' button and navigate to the photo or receipt you wish to upload. This can be an image, a pdf, or an html email.
- Double click the file or click the ‘Open’ button, then click the ‘Upload’ button in the Upload Tool. This will add the file to the bike or kit.
- You can view the receipt, image or file at any time by clicking the item in the list, hovering over the image and selecting 'View'.
Key words: kit, list, photos, receipts, evidence, proof, ownership, warranty