Sorry to hear that you've hit some bad luck out there. If you've got an active Courier Income Protect policy, then you might be able to make a claim to help you with your recovery.
The benefit and type of payment you can claim under varies depending on the type and nature of your injury:
Single lump sum payment for injury
You can claim for a single lump sum if you suffer any of the following injuries:
- Loss of a limb, including fingers or toes
- Loss of sight, hearing or speech
- Loss of use of shoulder or elbow
- Loss of use of hip, wrist, knee or ankle
- Loss of use of the whole lower jaw
- Loss of use of kidney
- Quadriplegia or paraplegia
- Dislocation of a hip, knee, wrist, elbow, ankle, shoulder blade, collarbone, finger, toe or jaw
- Facial scarring following an assault
- Emergency dental treatment following an assault
There are also additional benefits available such as medical costs, convalescence (recovery) and phone cover if damaged during the incident.
Temporary incapacity from injury or illness
If your accident means that you can't work due to your injuries, then you can claim an ongoing weekly benefit - just like sick pay.
The amount you can claim is based on an average of 75% of your earnings with Deliveroo in the 12 months previous to the claim.
The following important points are worth noting:
- You must be incapacitated for longer than the 'waiting period' (5 days for accidents, and 7 days for illnesses)
- You can't make a claim for illness in the first 30 days of your policy
- There is a maximum benefit period of 26 weeks
For a full list of the injuries covered, and amounts that will be paid following a successful claim, please see the Table of Benefits in your policy wording.
Make a claim
If you are ready to make a claim, please see our article on 'making a claim'.