Cover in brief
The Courier Public Liability policy will pay for:
- Bodily injury, disease or death you cause to any person; and
- Accidental damage to someone else's property
whilst you, or your chosen substitute, are delivering by bicycle with Deliveroo or whilst on foot when collecting or delivering a Deliveroo placed order.
The maximum amount that the policy will pay for is £2 million including reasonable defence costs and expenses.
When am I covered?
You are covered whenever you are on your bike and logged on to the Deliveroo rider app - in other words when you're working.
You're also covered when you're off the bike for a short time to collect or deliver an order.
The policy is designed to be only active when you are working. After 1 hour of being logged in without making yourself available, then you will not be covered. You will, however, always be covered for the first hour after logging in.
Delivering for other companies (not Deliveroo)
Courier Public Liability is only designed for Deliveroo riders. You will not be covered when working with any other company. If you do not ride with Deliveroo then this policy will not give you any benefit.
What's not covered (exclusions)
The following is not covered under this policy:
- Public Liability benefits if you fail to make payments.
- Liability when you are not logged into the Deliveroo rider app.
- Loss or damage to your own property.
- Claims where you are entitled to indemnity from another source.
- When you are using your cycle other than collection and delivery of a Deliveroo order.
- If you are logged in to the Deliveroo rider app but have not been ‘available’ for 1 hour or more (you are always covered during the first hour of being logged in).
- Liability resulting from defective equipment.
- Reckless or wilful negligent acts.
More cover details
The above information is designed to give you a summary overview of the cover provided. For a full breakdown of each cover benefit, and any exclusions or conditions, you should read the Policy Wording as this clearly explains the ins and outs of the policy.
If you are short of time but want to know a bit more, you can read the shorter Key Facts document.
Key words: benefits, cover, uber, amount, exclusions