It is very important that you ensure that you're eligible for the policy, before you take it out. Failure to check this beforehand may mean that your policy is cancelled.
You are eligible for this insurance cover if:
- you are aged 18 or over; and
- you are a permanent resident of the Republic of Ireland and your permanent address is located within the Republic of Ireland; and
- your cycle is owned by you and usually kept at your address within the Republic of Ireland; and
- you do not use your cycle for professional purposes other than; commuting or if you receive annual competition appearance fees of less than €5,000; and
- your cycle does not exceed €30,000 in value; and
in the past 5 years you;
- have not made more than 2 claims for theft or damage to your cycle; and
- have not had a total value of all claims relating to the theft or damage to your cycle that exceeds €5000; and
you have not had any insurance or proposal:
- made subject to special terms; and
you have not been;
- convicted of or charged with any offence, other than a motoring offence or conviction spent under the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016; or
- declared bankrupt or become insolvent or made any voluntary arrangement with creditors or been subject to enforcement of a judgement debt.