For policies where Public liability cover is shown on your Policy schedule:
If you’re involved in an incident as a direct result of your ownership or use of your bike, and believe that a claim may be made against you for injuring someone or damaging their property, then please follow the steps below;
- Do not admit liability, make a settlement offer or say anything which may prejudice our ability to defend your claim.
- Contact Hiscox Insurance for advice as soon as possible on 0113 205 1072 (9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday) or email email@example.com
- Complete our Public Liability Report Form: Public Liability Form Download
- Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach with the Public Liability form any correspondence received from the party who is claiming against you, together with other documents, photographs or information which will help to defend the claim.
- Even when, after you have been involved in an accident, no claim against you has been intimated, but where you suspect that this is likely to happen, you should take the precaution of completing and submitting a Public Liability Report Form. Depending on the circumstances, claimants may have several years to bring their claim against you. The longer you leave completing the form, the more likely you are to forget details of what happened.
- It is extremely important for you to notify us as soon as possible of any actual claim or any possible claim for compensation which has been or may be made against you as a result of a cycling accident.
Key words: third
Please sign in to leave a comment.