To be eligible for a Bikmo policy, there are a couple of conditions that you or any person to be covered by this insurance are required to meet.
Please read the information below to ensure that you’re comfortable that you or any person to be covered by this insurance comply with the eligibility criteria, otherwise your insurance may be void;
- You must be aged 18 or over
- You or any person to be covered by this insurance must be resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man
- You or any person to be covered by this insurance must not use your cycle for professional purposes other than:
- commuting; or
- riding to or from meetings and appointments whilst at work (requires Business Use cover); or
- if you receive annual competition appearance fees of less than £5,000
- No cycle to be covered by this insurance is subject to the requirements of the Road Traffic Act which states E-bikes must be pedal-assisted, have a maximum power output of 250 watts and are restricted to 15.5mph.
- In the last five years the total value of all claims or losses relating to this insurance does not exceed £5,000 and you or any person to be covered by this insurance have not:
- had an insurance or proposal cancelled, refused, declined or made subject to special terms; or
- had any claim made against you for third party property damage or bodily injury arising from the use, ownership or possession of a cycle; or
- made more than two claims for theft of or damage to your cycle
- You or any person to be covered by this insurance have not been:
- convicted of and/or charged with any offence other than a motoring conviction and/or spent conviction; or
- declared bankrupt, the subject of any bankruptcy proceedings, debt relief order, individual voluntary arrangement (IVA), or a County Court Judgement (CCJ).
Key words: eligibility, criteria