Your comprehensive Bikmo policy is there to give you peace of mind, providing cover for many unfortunate situations that may arise. Our aim is always to get you back on your bike as quickly as possible, so if you need to make a claim for any of the circumstances below, scroll down to the relevant section for more details.
- Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism
- Third Party
- Personal Accident
- Emergency Hire
- Breakdown Cover
- Legal Advice
Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism:
In the unfortunate event that your bikes is stolen, damaged or vandalised then you can choose between our online system or a manual system to make your claim. If your bike is stolen or vandalised, please report the incident to your local police to obtain a crime reference number, and then please follow the steps below;
- Sign in to into Your Account
- Locate the ‘Your Claims’ module and click ‘Start a new claim’
- Fill in your claim details
- Review the information and terms and conditions, then click ‘Submit’
The claims system picks up on the items in your ‘Bike & Kit list’, so make sure it’s up to date, with the items that you are wishing to claim for individually listed. You can upload additional images, sketches and information in the form. If you don’t have the information up-to-date then it’ll take longer to fill out your form, and may mean the claims handling process takes longer.
Once your claim has been submitted, you will be informed via email as to the outcome of your claim, or contacted if any further information is required.
- Call the Bikmo Claims Team on 01244 470 337
- Download the Claim Form: Bikmo Claim Form Download
- Complete and sign the claim form, returning it to the following address with all the information requested from you (see the guidance notes attached to the claim form).
Bikmo Claims, Heron Bridge Cottage, Eaton Road, Chester. CH4 7EW.
If you’re involved in an incident with a third party, as a direct result of your ownership or use of your bike, then please follow the steps below;
- Do not admit liability, make a settlement offer or say anything which may prejudice our ability to defend your claim.
- Contact Hiscox Insurance for advice as soon as possible on 0113 205 1072 (9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our Public Liability Report Form: Public Liability Form Download
- Email the completed form to: email@example.com
- Attach with the Public Liability form any correspondence received from the party who is claiming against you, together with other documents, photographs or information which will help to defend the claim.
- Even when, after you have been involved in an accident, no claim against you has been intimated, but where you suspect that this is likely to happen, you should take the precaution of completing and submitting a Public Liability Report Form. Depending on the circumstances, claimants may have several years to bring their claim against you. The longer you leave completing the form, the more likely you are to forget details of what happened.
- It is extremely important for you to notify us as soon as possible of any actual claim or any possible claim for compensation which has been or may be made against you as a result of a cycling accident.
If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident involving the use of your bicycle and wish to claim under the Personal Accident section of your policy then please take the following steps;
- Notify Van Ameyde & Wallis Ltd on 020 8466 6034
You’ll be required to describe the event that caused the injury and the nature of the injury. The team at Van Ameyde & Wallis Ltd will take you through the whole process.
If your bike is damaged or stolen, and you have an event or holiday in the near future which would not allow time to provide a replacement, then you’re entitled to hire a replacement bicycle of a similar specification to the value of £500. Please take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before hiring a replacement bike, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the hire charges can be covered
- Hire your similar spec replacement bike form a cycle provider and make sure to get a receipt
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the damage or theft of your bike
- The hire charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you hire a replacement cycle then the hire charges may not be covered.
If you’re broken down and you can’t repair your bike to continue with your ride, then take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before incurring transport charges, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the charges can be covered.
- Source transport back to the nearest location from which you can continue your journey (listed below) and make sure to get a receipt.
- Download and fill in our Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the breakdown incident : Bikmo Claim Form Download
- The transport charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim.
Provided your claim is approved, we will cover transport up to the value of £150 to;
- The nearest suitable bike shop OR
- The most appropriate train station OR
- Your vehicle if nearer OR
- Home, if it’s nearer than the above.
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you incur transport charges, they may not be covered.
As a Bikmo policyholder you have access to free legal advice around any claims for uninsured losses relating to an incident, whether it is your fault, or the fault of a third party. This facility is provided by Bikmo and to access, please take the following steps;
- Contact Poole Alcock Solicitors on 0800 389 7093 during normal office hours (8am – 5pm Monday to Friday)
- They will endeavour to return your call within 24 hours to advise on the best approach to your situation.
Please note : There is no obligation to take out legal services with Poole Alcock: we have selected Poole Alcock as our legal services provider due to their excellent customer service record, ethics around personal injury claims and industry accreditations.
If you have any questions about making a claim that aren’t covered here, or would like any advice or clarification about your circumstances, please just get in touch with the Bikmo team:
- If you’d like to call then please use 01244 470337 between 8am - 6pm (Mon - Fri)
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org whenever suits you
- Alternatively, you can use the Contact Us link on the website