When you first took out your policy, if your 'maximum bike value away from home' was set as £1000 or above, you will have been automatically issued a BIKMO PLUS policy.
So, if you missed anything, here's a recap of the comprehensive cover your BIKMO PLUS policy provides:
- Cover for theft of and accidental damage or vandalism to your cycle anywhere in the world. This includes theft from the transition area of an organised competitive triathlon or biathlon or the pit area of an organised competitive cyclo-cross event, that you are competing in;
- £250 or 10% cover for accessories fixed to your cycle, other than mobile phones and PDAs;
- £250 or 10% cover for cycling, biathlon and triathlon specific clothing;
- £150 returning home cover for the necessary and reasonable costs that you incur to return directly to your home by a registered taxi or public transport following theft of or accidental damage to your cycle. This does not include repatriation;
- £500 towards the costs of hiring an alternative cycle following theft or accidental damage to your cycle;
- Worldwide cover, including during transit;
- £500 or 10% cover for your bike box;
- Competition cover;
- £500 race fee cover;
- Excess-free replacement option for claims over £1000 in value, if you let us source the parts from your local bike shop;
- No depreciation on your bike's value, you will be covered up to your insured values;
- £20,000 Personal Accident cover in the event of your death or permanent disablement following an accident;
- £2m Public Liability cover, for any claims made against you;
- Access to free legal advice;
- Family and friends cover.
Please see your Policy schedule and Policy wording for any exclusions related to the above levels of cover. These can be accessed from within your Bikmo account.