As a Brompton owner, when you first took out your policy, you will have been able to select the level of cover you required, to best suit your specific cycling needs.
So, if you missed anything, here's a recap of the comprehensive cover your BROMPTON PLUS policy provides:
- Cover for theft of and accidental damage or vandalism to your cycle anywhere in the world;
- £250 or 10% cover for accessories fixed to your cycle, other than mobile phones and PDAs;
- £250 or 10% cover for cycling specific clothing and headgear;
- £150 returning home cover for the necessary and reasonable costs that you incur to return directly to your home by a registered taxi or public transport following theft of or accidental damage to your cycle. This does not include repatriation;
- Courtesy loan Brompton while your claim is dealt with;
- £500 towards the costs of hiring an alternative cycle following theft or accidental damage to your cycle;
- £500 Race Fee cover for any competitive events you're no longer able to participate in;*
- Up to £250k legal expenses cover;
- Worldwide cover, including during transit;
- Excess-free replacement option for claims over £400 in value, if you let us source the parts from your local bike shop; excess is £40 or 10% of claim value (whichever is highest) for all cash settlements;
- No depreciation on your bike's value, you will be covered up to your insured values;
- £20,000 Personal Accident cover in the event of your death or an accident resulting in an Accidental bodily injury;
- £5000 additional Personal accident cover for medical expenses related to an Accidental bodily injury;
- £2500 additional Personal accident cover for counselling expenses related to an Accidental bodily injury;
- £1000 additional Personal accident cover for dental expenses;
- £500 additional Personal accident cover for optical expenses;
- £2m Public Liability cover, for any claims made against you;
- Family and friends cover.
*This cover was not included for BROMPTON PLUS policies purchased before 01/05/2020.
Your BROMPTON PLUS policy also provides cover for events such as:
- MTB XC
- Time Trials
Cover for Crit racing, Road racing and Circuit racing (massed start road competitions) is not included in this policy.
Please see your Policy schedule and Policy wording for any exclusions related to the above levels of cover. These can be accessed from within your Bikmo account.