Your Bikmo RACE policy is there to give you peace of mind, providing cover for many unfortunate situations that may arise, and our aim is always to get you back on your bike as quickly as possible.
If you need to make a claim for any of the circumstances below, where cover is shown on your Policy schedule, scroll down to the relevant section for more details.
- Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism
- Race Fee
- Alternative Cycle Hire
- Returning Home Cover
- Public Liability
- Personal Accident
- Legal Expenses Cover
Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism:
In the unfortunate event that your bike is stolen, damaged or vandalised then you can make a claim via our online system.
If your bike is stolen or vandalised, please report the incident to your local police to obtain a crime reference number, and then please follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Sign in
Sign into your account, using the ‘My Account’ button located at the top of the Bikmo Homepage.
If, like most of us, you have trouble remembering your login details, you can simply click ‘Forgot your password?’ which will then allow you to create your own unique and memorable password.
Step 2 – Locate the 'Policies' section
Your policies are show here, including their current status. Choose the policy that you are wanting to make a claim from and click 'Manage policy'.
This will take you into that specific policy where, in addition to being able to access more detail and policy documents, you will be presented with various options for making changes.
Step 3 - Add items to your 'Kit list'
Please add all individual items that you are claiming for, adding a photo to clearly show the make and model for evidence of ownership, showing the damage too for accidental damage claims. This list will be presented to you in the claim form process, allowing you to select the items that are relevant to the claim.
Beneath the policy details, click on the 'Edit your kit list' link. Any bikes or items of kit that you've already listed will now be shown.
To add a new item:
- Click the orange button 'Add an item of kit'
- Enter the make and model
- Enter the year of manufacture
- Add notes if required, such as frame number or any special detail
- Upload an image of your kit by clicking 'Choose file' and selecting your saved image
- Click 'Add to kit list'
If you would like to amend your listed items of kit at any time, simply click 'Edit' to make the changes or 'Remove'.
Step 4 - Complete the claim form
Beneath the policy details, click on the 'Make a claim' link. This will take you to your claims area, where all previous claims and their status will be displayed.
- Click the orange 'Make a claim' button
- Click the relevant option for the nature of the claim
- Input the requested information on the claim form and submit once complete
You will receive an email to confirm that your claim form has been received and is being worked on.
If you are unable to attend a competitive event for a reason that is entirely beyond your control, and the fee you have paid is non-refundable, you are entitled to claim for up to £1000* in a period of insurance.
To make a claim, email the Bikmo CX team with the following details:
- Event name:
- Event date:
- Date of entry:
- Event entry fee paid:
- Reason for being unable to attend:
Please also attach evidence for confirmation of event entry and entry fee payment.
Bikmo CX team email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*£500 for RACE policies purchased before 01/05/2020.
Alternative Cycle Hire:
If your bike is damaged or stolen, and you have an event or holiday in the near future which would not allow time to provide a replacement, then you’re entitled to hire a replacement bicycle of a similar specification to the value of £500. Please take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before hiring a replacement bike, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the hire charges can be covered
- Hire your similar spec replacement bike from a cycle provider and make sure you get a receipt
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the damage or theft of your bike
- The hire charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you hire a replacement cycle then the hire charges may not be covered.
Returning Home Cover:
If your bike is stolen or damaged and you can’t repair your bike to continue with your ride, then take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before incurring transport charges, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the charges can be covered.
- Source transport back to the nearest location from which you can continue your journey (listed below) and make sure to get a receipt.
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the incident.
- The transport charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim.
Provided your claim is approved, we will cover transport up to the value of £150 to;
- The nearest suitable bike shop OR
- The most appropriate train station OR
- Your vehicle if nearer OR
- Home, if it’s nearer than the above.
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you incur transport charges, they may not be covered.
If you’re involved in an incident as a direct result of your ownership or use of your bike, and believe that a claim may be made against you for injuring someone or damaging their property, then please follow the steps below;
- Do not admit liability, make a settlement offer or say anything which may prejudice our ability to defend your claim.
- Contact Hiscox Insurance for advice as soon as possible on 0113 205 1072 (9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday) or email email@example.com
- Complete our Public Liability Report Form: Public Liability Form Download
- Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach with the Public Liability form any correspondence received from the party who is claiming against you, together with other documents, photographs or information which will help to defend the claim.
- Even when, after you have been involved in an accident, no claim against you has been intimated, but where you suspect that this is likely to happen, you should take the precaution of completing and submitting a Public Liability Report Form. Depending on the circumstances, claimants may have several years to bring their claim against you. The longer you leave completing the form, the more likely you are to forget details of what happened.
- It is extremely important for you to notify us as soon as possible of any actual claim or any possible claim for compensation which has been or may be made against you as a result of a cycling accident.
If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident involving the use of your bicycle and wish to claim under the Personal Accident section of your policy then please take the following steps;
- Notify Van Ameyde & Wallis Ltd on 020 8466 6034
You’ll be required to describe the event that caused the injury and the nature of the injury. The team at Van Ameyde & Wallis Ltd will take you through the whole process.
Legal Expenses Cover:
As part of your Bikmo cycle insurance benefits, you have an additional policy, provided and underwritten by ARAG, for £100k cover for legal costs associated with claiming against a driver or third party responsible for an accident while you're riding your bike.
This could include help to get compensation for your injuries and any associated/uninsured losses.
For example, you have a legal right to claim back;
- the excess that you have to pay under your Bikmo cycle insurance policy;
- the cost of public transport or other reasonable alternative travel expenses that you have to pay until your cycle is replaced or repaired;
- the costs of rehabilitation;
- loss of earnings/loss of income
As the Bikmo CX team receive your Bikmo cycle policy claim, they will identify potential claims where a third party may be at fault, and which also includes personal injury.
Bikmo will forward your details to Serious Law, who will then contact you directly to offer their expert advice and support in making a claim against the third party for uninsured losses.
You also have access to free legal advice as part of the policy. Legal advice is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by telephoning Serious Law - 0344 571 7977.
If you have any questions about making a claim that aren’t covered here, or would like any advice or clarification about your circumstances, please just get in touch with the Bikmo team:
- If you’d like to call then please use 01244 470337 between 8am - 6pm (Mon - Fri)
- or email us at email@example.com whenever suits you
- Alternatively, you can use the Contact Us link on the website
More helpful topics