Your Bikmo GO policy is there to give you peace of mind, providing cover for many unfortunate situations that may arise, and our aim is always to get you back on your bike as quickly as possible.
If you need to make a claim for any of the circumstances below, where cover is shown on your Policy schedule, scroll down to the relevant section for more details.
- Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism
- Alternative Cycle Hire
- Returning Home Cover
- Legal Expenses Cover
Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism:
In the unfortunate event that your bike is stolen, damaged or vandalised then you can make a claim via our online system.
If your bike is stolen or vandalised, please report the incident to your local police to obtain a crime reference number, and then please follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Sign in
Sign into your account, using the ‘My Account’ button located at the top of the Bikmo Homepage.
If, like most of us, you have trouble remembering your login details, you can simply click ‘Forgot your password?’ which will then allow you to create your own unique and memorable password.
Step 2 – Locate the 'Policies' section
Your policies are show here, including their current status. Choose the policy that you are wanting to make a claim from and click 'Manage policy'.
This will take you into that specific policy where, in addition to being able to access more detail and policy documents, you will be presented with various options for making changes.
Step 3 - Add items to your 'Kit list'
Please add all individual items that you are claiming for, adding a photo to clearly show the make and model for evidence of ownership, showing the damage too for accidental damage claims. This list will be presented to you in the claim form process, allowing you to select the items that are relevant to the claim.
Beneath the policy details, click on the 'Edit your kit list' link. Any bikes or items of kit that you've already listed will now be shown.
To add a new item:
- Click the orange button 'Add an item of kit'
- Enter the make and model
- Enter the year of manufacture
- Add notes if required, such as frame number or any special detail
- Upload an image of your kit by clicking 'Choose file' and selecting your saved image
- Click 'Add to kit list'
If you would like to amend your listed items of kit at any time, simply click 'Edit' to make the changes or 'Remove'.
Step 4 - Complete the claim form
Beneath the policy details, click on the 'Make a claim' link. This will take you to your claims area, where all previous claims and their status will be displayed.
- Click the orange 'Make a claim' button
- Click the relevant option for the nature of the claim
- Input the requested information on the claim form and submit once complete
You will receive an email to confirm that your claim form has been received and is being worked on.
Alternative Cycle Hire:
If your bike is damaged or stolen, and you have an event or holiday in the near future which would not allow time to provide a replacement, then you’re entitled to hire a replacement bicycle of a similar specification to the value of £500. Please take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before hiring a replacement bike, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the hire charges can be covered
- Hire your similar spec replacement bike from a cycle provider and make sure you get a receipt
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the damage or theft of your bike
- The hire charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you hire a replacement cycle then the hire charges may not be covered.
Returning Home Cover:
If your bike is stolen or damaged and you can’t repair your bike to continue with your ride, then take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before incurring transport charges, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the charges can be covered.
- Source transport back to the nearest location from which you can continue your journey (listed below) and make sure to get a receipt.
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the incident.
- The transport charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim.
Provided your claim is approved, we will cover transport up to the value of £150 to;
- The nearest suitable bike shop OR
- The most appropriate train station OR
- Your vehicle if nearer OR
- Home, if it’s nearer than the above.
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you incur transport charges, they may not be covered.
Legal Expenses Cover:
As part of your Bikmo cycle insurance benefits, you have an additional policy, provided and underwritten by ARAG, for £100k cover for legal costs associated with claiming against a driver or third party responsible for an accident while you're riding your bike.
This could include help to get compensation for your injuries and any associated/uninsured losses.
For example, you have a legal right to claim back;
- the excess that you have to pay under your Bikmo cycle insurance policy;
- the cost of public transport or other reasonable alternative travel expenses that you have to pay until your cycle is replaced or repaired;
- the costs of rehabilitation;
- loss of earnings/loss of income
As the Bikmo CX team receive your Bikmo cycle policy claim, they will identify potential claims where a third party may be at fault, and which also includes personal injury.
Bikmo will forward your details to Serious Law, who will then contact you directly to offer their expert advice and support in making a claim against the third party for uninsured losses.
You also have access to free legal advice as part of the policy. Legal advice is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by telephoning Serious Law - 0344 571 7977.
If you have any questions about making a claim that aren’t covered here, or would like any advice or clarification about your circumstances, please just get in touch with the Bikmo team:
- If you’d like to call then please use 01244 470337 between 8am - 6pm (Mon - Fri)
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org whenever suits you
- Alternatively, you can use the Contact Us link on the website