There's a lot to take in when you first purchase your policy, especially remembering all of the benefits that are included.
So, if you missed anything, here's a recap of the comprehensive cover your British Cycling bike insurance by Bikmo PROTECT policy provides:
- Cover for theft of and accidental damage or vandalism to your cycle anywhere in the world;
- £250 or 10% (whichever is greater) cover for accessories fixed to your cycle, other than mobile phones and PDAs;
- £250 or 10% (whichever is greater) cover for cycling specific clothing and headgear;
- £150 returning home cover for the necessary and reasonable costs that you incur to return directly to your home by a registered taxi or public transport following theft of or accidental damage to your cycle. This does not include repatriation;
- £500 or 10% of your policy value to cover your bike box;
- £500 towards the costs of hiring an alternative cycle following theft or accidental damage to your cycle;
- Worldwide cover, including during transit;
- Excess-free replacement option for claims over £400 in value, if you let us source the parts from your local bike shop; excess is £40 or 10% of claim value (whichever is greater) for all cash settlements;
- No depreciation on your bike's value, you will be covered up to your insured values;
- Access to free legal advice;
- Family and friends cover - the policy covers any permanent member of the household (including anyone aged under 18), riding any bike owned by any permanent member of the household. The policyholder must be aged 18 or over;
- Commuting to and from your usual places of work.
If you selected to include Business Use, and this is shown on your Policy schedule, then you are covered for using your bike to travel to appointments and meetings in relation to your work.
This does not provide cover for other trade or business purposes, deliveries, hire or reward, courier services, or the carriage of fare-paying passengers.
Your British Cycling bike insurance by Bikmo PROTECT policy also provides cover for events such as:
- MTB XC
- Cycle speedway
- Time Trials
For your bike to be covered whilst taking part in the following events, you must have purchased a PROTECT-R policy and have 'Competition' cover shown on your policy schedule:
- Road racing
- Closed circuit racing
- Crit/Criterium racing
Please be mindful that, although your bike may be covered by this policy during the above events, the 'Liability insurance' that may be included in your British Cycling membership is not included for participation in 'all' of the above events.
For full details, please refer to British Cycling Liability Insurance