Your comprehensive British Cycling bike insurance by Bikmo policy is there to give you peace of mind, providing cover for many unfortunate situations that may arise, and our aim is always to get you back on your bike as quickly as possible.
We'll be introducing some exciting online features to your account area very shortly, to give you the flexibility to manage things yourself.
In the mean time, if you need to make a claim, please follow the instructions below:
Cycle, accessory and clothing claims:
We require certain information to allow us to process your claim. Please download and complete the following form in full.
Downloadable Claim Form - British Cycling bike insurance by Bikmo Claim Form
Once completed, please email your form to: email@example.com attaching all evidence to support your claim, including but not limited to;
- evidence of ownership for all items
- evidence/photos of damage
- crime reference number for theft claims
- evidence – including the key - of the approved lock for your cycle
- evidence/photo of your remaining lock key
If you need any help or support during your claim, please just get in touch with the Bikmo CX team, and they'll be very happy to help:
Tel: 01244 470 551
Emergency Hire claims:
If your bike is damaged or stolen, and you have an event or holiday in the near future which would not allow time to provide a replacement, then you’re entitled to hire a replacement bicycle of a similar specification to the value of £500. Please take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 551 before hiring a replacement bike, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the hire charges can be covered
- Hire your similar spec replacement bike from a cycle provider and make sure you get a receipt
- Complete our Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the damage or theft of your bike
- The hire charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you hire a replacement cycle then the hire charges may not be covered.
Returning Home Cover claims:
If your bike is stolen or damaged and you can’t repair your bike to continue with your ride, then take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 551 before incurring transport charges, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the charges can be covered.
- Source transport back to the nearest location from which you can continue your journey (listed below) and make sure to get a receipt.
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the incident.
- The transport charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim.
Provided your claim is approved, we will cover transport up to the value of £150 to;
- The nearest suitable bike shop OR
- The most appropriate train station OR
- Your vehicle if nearer OR
- Home, if it’s nearer than the above.
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you incur transport charges, they may not be covered.
With all claims, if you delay reporting a claim to us without good reason, and that delay causes an adverse and prejudicial effect to us, then we may decline to accept your claim.