Your Bikmo policy is there to give you peace of mind, providing cover for many unfortunate situations that may arise and our aim is always to get you back on your bike as quickly as possible.
If you need to make a claim for any of the circumstances below, where cover is shown on your Policy schedule, scroll down to the relevant section for more details.
- Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism
- Public Liability
- Personal Accident
- Race Fee
- Emergency Hire
- Returning Home Cover
- Legal Expenses Cover
Theft, Accidental Damage and Vandalism:
We require certain information to allow us to process your claim. Please download and complete the following form in full.
Downloadable Claim Form - Bikmo Claim Form
Once completed, please email your form to: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching all evidence to support your claim, including but not limited to;
- evidence of ownership for all items
- evidence/photos of damage
- crime reference number for theft claims
- evidence – including the key - of the approved lock for your cycle
- evidence/photo of your remaining lock key
If you need any help or support during your claim, please just get in touch with the Bikmo CX team, and they'll be very happy to help:
Tel: 01244 470 337
For policies where Public liability cover is shown on your Policy schedule:
If you’re involved in an incident as a direct result of your ownership or use of your bike, and believe that a claim may be made against you for injuring someone or damaging their property, then please follow the steps below;
- Do not admit liability, make a settlement offer or say anything which may prejudice our ability to defend your claim.
- Contact Hiscox Insurance for advice as soon as possible on 0113 205 1072 (9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday) or email email@example.com
- Complete our Public Liability Report Form: Public Liability Form Download
- Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach with the Public Liability form any correspondence received from the party who is claiming against you, together with other documents, photographs or information which will help to defend the claim.
- Even when, after you have been involved in an accident, no claim against you has been intimated, but where you suspect that this is likely to happen, you should take the precaution of completing and submitting a Public Liability Report Form. Depending on the circumstances, claimants may have several years to bring their claim against you. The longer you leave completing the form, the more likely you are to forget details of what happened.
- It is extremely important for you to notify us as soon as possible of any actual claim or any possible claim for compensation which has been or may be made against you as a result of a cycling accident.
For policies where Personal accident cover is shown on your Policy schedule:
If you’ve been seriously injured as a result of an accident involving the use of your bicycle and wish to claim under the Personal Accident section of your policy then please take the following steps;
- Notify Van Ameyde & Wallis Ltd on 020 8466 6034
You’ll be required to describe the event that caused the injury and the nature of the injury. The team at Van Ameyde & Wallis Ltd will take you through the whole process.
If you are unable to attend a competitive event for a reason that is entirely beyond your control, and the fee you have paid is non-refundable, you are entitled to claim for up to £1000* in a period of insurance.
To make a claim, email the Bikmo CX team with the following details:
- Event name:
- Event date:
- Date of entry:
- Event entry fee paid:
- Reason for being unable to attend:
Please also attach evidence for confirmation of event entry and entry fee payment.
Bikmo CX team email: email@example.com
*This cover was not included for GO or PLUS policies purchased before 01/05/2020. Your cover level will be shown on your policy schedule.
If your bike is damaged or stolen, and you have an event or holiday in the near future which would not allow time to provide a replacement, then you’re entitled to hire a replacement bicycle of a similar specification to the value of £500. Please take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before hiring a replacement bike, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the hire charges can be covered
- Hire your similar spec replacement bike from a cycle provider and make sure you get a receipt
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the damage or theft of your bike
- The hire charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you hire a replacement cycle then the hire charges may not be covered.
Returning Home Cover:
If your bike is stolen or damaged and you can’t repair your bike to continue with your ride, then take the following steps;
- Wherever possible, notify Bikmo on 01244 470 337 before incurring transport charges, or within 48 hours of the incident if circumstances prevent you from doing so, to log the claim and get approval that the charges can be covered.
- Source transport back to the nearest location from which you can continue your journey (listed below) and make sure to get a receipt.
- Complete our online Claims Form and submit within 28 days of the incident.
- The transport charge will be refunded to your specified bank account within 28 days from approval of the claim.
Provided your claim is approved, we will cover transport up to the value of £150 to;
- The nearest suitable bike shop OR
- The most appropriate train station OR
- Your vehicle if nearer OR
- Home, if it’s nearer than the above.
Please note: In certain circumstances, unless you get prior approval before you incur transport charges, they may not be covered.
Legal Expenses Cover:
As part of your Bikmo cycle insurance benefits, you have an additional policy, provided and underwritten by ARAG, for £100k cover for legal costs associated with claiming against a driver or third party responsible for an accident while you're riding your bike.
This could include help to get compensation for your injuries and any associated/uninsured losses.
For example, you have a legal right to claim back;
- the excess that you have to pay under your Bikmo cycle insurance policy;
- the cost of public transport or other reasonable alternative travel expenses that you have to pay until your cycle is replaced or repaired;
- the costs of rehabilitation;
- loss of earnings/loss of income
As the Bikmo CX team receive your Bikmo cycle policy claim, they will identify potential claims where a third party may be at fault, and which also includes personal injury.
Bikmo will forward your details to Serious Law, who will then contact you directly to offer their expert advice and support in making a claim against the third party for uninsured losses.
You also have access to free legal advice as part of the policy. Legal advice is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by telephoning Serious Law - 0344 571 7977.
If you have any questions about making a claim that aren’t covered here, or would like any advice or clarification about your circumstances, please just get in touch with the Bikmo team: